Design Thinking in Event Planning: Crafting innovative and engaging events
Design thinking goes beyond visual appeal to place your audience's innermost motivations or desires at the crux of designing an event experience. Learn from a user experience consultant on how you can use design thinking's five stage approach to craft innovative and engaging events that'll hit the sweet spot with your audience.
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group. We're in our 18th session.
In this design thinking edition, join user experience (UX) consultant, Aishah Zahari, in an interactive hands-on session to:
- Understand your event's target audience and their needs
- Hone in on a shared vision - define the why that drives your events and gels your community
- Generate a variety of event ideas and co-create event experiences with your audience
- Design an event experience that will satiate your audience's core motivations or desires
- Learn how you can further test and refine for a truly memorable experience
Get limited early-bird tickets at $12 today!
"Am I an organiser?" Click "read more" below for FAQs.
About Our Speaker
Aishah Zahari is an independent user experience (UX) consultant who loves bringing products to life at the centre of a compelling vision. Her strength is in UX research and ideation. People love that she's able to translate raw user insights and novel ideas into implementable components. She's designed the user experience for companies across various industries including travel, real estate and online media, and has also conducted classes and workshops on user experience with UNFRAMED Accelerator and global education and career transformation pioneer, General Assembly. She's also the co-founder of Orange Hive, a design community that aims to develop interdisciplinary, creatively confident, T-shaped individuals, and has ran 25 events over two years to achieve that vision.
What does your ticket cover?
Light dinner, insight on design thinking from an expert user experience (UX) consultant, and a night of pure fun in meeting others in the community!
- Venue partner lyf@SMU is a collaboration between SMU and The Ascott Limited, a unique first-of-its-kind 'living lab' with creative learning and social space concepts that can be easily transformed into event spaces. The multi-purpose Event Square, laid-back pool themed discussion room dubbed The Idea Pool, and technology-rich Active Learning Classroom are some of the spaces open to hosting your events - all of which includes movable, lightweight furniture for a flexible setup. It's upbeat, vibrant ambience is sure to lift the mood of any event!
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend? Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meet other organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of $30 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Why isn't the event free? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $20.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The growth team at Peatix Singapore - Claire Ding.
- More questions? Contact email@example.com
Add to Calendar
Tue Mar 6, 2018
6:45 PM - 9:00 PM SGT
6:45 PM - 9:00 PM SGT
- The Event Square, lyf@SMU
Organiser (early-bird) SOLD OUT $12.00 Organiser (standard) $16.00 Vendor $30.00
- Venue Address
- 71-77 Stamford Road, Singapore 178895 Singapore
4 min walk from Bras Basah and City Hall MRT
Peatix Singapore1,313 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?