Event is FINISHED
Design Thinking in Event Planning: Crafting innovative and engaging events
Design thinking goes beyond visual appeal to place your audience's innermost motivations or desires at the crux of designing an event experience. Learn from a user experience consultant on how you can use design thinking's five stage approach to craft innovative and engaging events that'll hit the sweet spot with your audience.
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group. We're in our 18th session.
In this design thinking edition, join user experience (UX) consultant, Aishah Zahari, in an interactive hands-on session to:
- Understand your event's target audience and their needs
- Hone in on a shared vision - define the why that drives your events and gels your community
- Generate a variety of event ideas and co-create event experiences with your audience
- Design an event experience that will satiate your audience's core motivations or desires
- Learn how you can further test and refine for a truly memorable experience.
Early-bird tickets are sold out!
Get a standard ticket at $16 or bundle of 2 at $12.50 each today - limited bundles available.
"Am I an organiser?" Click "read more" below for FAQs.
About Our Speaker
Aishah Zahari is an independent user experience (UX) freelancer (full-time hustler) who loves bringing products to life at the centre of a compelling vision. Her strength is in UX research and ideation. People love that she’s able to translate raw user insights and novel ideas into implementable components. Teams also feel more aligned with UX flows she creates and design studios she facilitates. She’s also conducted classes and workshops on user experience with General Assembly, a pioneer in education and career transformation specialising in today’s most in-demand skills. As a founder of design community Orange Hive, she's organised over 25 events in 2 years in pursuit of their mission to create T-shaped individuals.
- Venue partner lyf@SMU is a collaboration between SMU and The Ascott Limited, a unique first-of-its-kind 'living lab' with creative learning and social space concepts that can be easily transformed into event spaces. The multi-purpose Event Square, laid-back pool themed discussion room dubbed The Idea Pool, and technology-rich Active Learning Classroom are some of the spaces open to hosting your events - all of which includes movable, lightweight furniture for a flexible setup. It's upbeat, vibrant ambience is sure to lift the mood of any event!
- Catering partner Grain caters for events of any size as well as delivers to offices around Singapore. In addition to larger events, thousands of people have ordered their individual meal boxes to date. Pick from one of Grain's affordable catering packages, and provide your event's attendees with delicious meals that's sure to impress their palate.
- Instant photo printing partner Instaroid seeks to connect you with your event audience through rich social experiences and beautiful memories by engaging attendees to post photos to social media and instantly get them printed at the event for a take-home memorabilia. Since 2014, they've supported hundreds of events across 8 major cities worldwide helping to create over 100 million social media impressions. Hire their swanky Instaroid box or portable Instaroid mini for your audience to play around with and generate social conversation at your next event.
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend? Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meet other organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of $30 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Why isn't the event free? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $20.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The growth team at Peatix Singapore - Claire Ding.
- More questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The event description was updated. Diff#321210 2018-03-05 09:35:06
Add to Calendar
Tue Mar 6, 2018
6:45 PM - 9:00 PM SGT
6:45 PM - 9:00 PM SGT
- The Event Square, lyf@SMU
Organiser (early-bird) SOLD OUT $12.00 Organiser (standard) SOLD OUT $16.00 Organiser (standard x 2) SOLD OUT $25.00
- Venue Address
- 71-77 Stamford Road, Singapore 178895 Singapore
4 min walk from Bras Basah and City Hall MRT
Peatix Singapore1,336 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?